Griff's Guide

Steering Your Way Through the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Today's Silver Screen

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Catfish


There was a lot of hype prior to seeing this movie. Watching the trailer, it promises you an emotional journey unlike anything you have ever experienced before. My friends said to expect a dramatic twist at the end that you had no idea was coming. Don't get me wrong, this movie has an absolutely insane story line that is definitely news worthy, however, I didn't think it lived quite up to what I was promised. I will not do a full post on this film because I do not want to ruin the whole point of it which is to be surprised. I think it is a unique story and the characters in the film, Yaniv and his hysterical friends, made the movie into the gripping narrative it was. My only complaint was that there was no dramatic twist truly because you could see it coming. Overall, it was a unique film that you should definitely see and ultimately I believe each person should take their own individual meaning from it. I give this movie a B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers