Griff's Guide

Steering Your Way Through the Good, the Bad and the Ugly of Today's Silver Screen

Monday, September 27, 2010

Easy A


Now heres a movie that has left me confused. Why do you ask? Prior to seeing this movie, I was told it was funnier than Mean Girls and the best teen comedies combined. When I saw advertisements, I was not impressed, however, with such rave reviews how could I not see it? Not only was I fooled by word of mouth but rotten tomatoes gave this movie an 85%. What is wrong with our world today that a shit movie like this gets such great reviews? I'm stuck there. Now that I have explained my confusion when it comes to this movie, its time to break it down.

The Good: I will admit there was a total of 2 funny scenes in this movie. The amazing Stanley Tucci played Emma Stone's dad in the film and he definitely had some great one liners in I think the 2 scenes he had. For example when talking to his adopted black son he asked, "Where do you originate from? The other funny scene was of Emma dancing to a singing card. Other than that folks, thats about it.

The Ugly: Now heres for the ugly...the rest of the movie. It was some of the worst acting (cough cough Amanda Bynes, Cam Cigandet, Alyson Michalka, Lisa Kudrow just to name a few) and a drawn out uninteresting story line. I don't know how this got such great reviews, but I advise all my readers to not waste their money on this comedic flop. I was disappointed to see a cast filled with notable actors do so horribly and I hope Stanley redeems himself with his next film.

I walked out of the theater angry because there were such great movies out and my friends had coerced me into wasting my money on this film tragedy. I give this movie a D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers